1. These Terms and Conditions are applicable to those buyers who wish to bid or have bid with us through LiveAuctioneers.com.
2. The Lots listed in this auction through Liveauctioneers.com will be offered by Orange County Estate Liquidators LLC ("Auctioneer" or the "Company") as agent for consignor(s) or owner.
3. All the Property offered and sold through the Company shall be offered and sold under the Terms and Conditions set forth herein. By participating in any auction at the Company, you acknowledge that you accept and are bound by these Terms and Conditions, any of which may be modified or waived at the sole discretion of the Company.
4. Orange County Estate Liquidators advises all prospective buyers to examine in person all lots they are interested in before the auction. All Property (Lots) are sold "As Is" and without recourse, and neither Auctioneer, the Company nor its consignor(s) make any warranties or representations of any kind with respect to any of the Property (Lots) to be sold at auction, including, without limitation, with respect to warranty of title, warranty of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or any other warranty or representation of any kind in reference to the Property. Neither the Company nor its consignor(s) shall be responsible for the correctness, authenticity, provenance, attribution, condition or any other terms used to describe the Property; and furthermore, neither Auctioneer nor its consignor(s) shall be deemed to have made any representation or warranty, in any advertisement, or in any statement by anyone or which is made at the sale, in the bill of sale, invoice, or elsewhere, nor shall any of the foregoing be deemed an assumption of liability. The absence of any reference to the condition of a lot does not imply that the lot is free of imperfections or the effects of aging
NO Guarantee's are made regarding any Art Work listed in this catalog. Any names listed are only stating that the name may be on the art work or in the style of the artist. We do not in any manner guarantee that the art has been done by the artist listed. Make your own decision before you bid. It is strongly recommended you request a condition report prior to placing any bid. No condition reports will be available 24 hours prior to the auction start.
5. All prospective buyers must register and provide identification before bidding. We may require bank or other financial references. The Company reserves the right to refuse participation in any auction at any time at the Company's sole discretion.
6. Liveauctioneers.com registered bidders agree to accept personal responsibility for paying the total purchase price, which includes the Hammer Price plus a 25% buyer's premium and all applicable taxes. Buyers Premium includes 5% commission paid to Liveauctioneers.com by Orange County Estate Liquidators. If a buyer (i.e. a third party) would like to appoint an agent to bid on their behalf it must be agreed in writing by the Company before the start of an auction, and Orange County Estate Liquidators will look to the aforementioned third party for payment. Visa, Mastercard Credit Card payments are charged an additional 3% processing fee.
7. The Company will accept any pre-sale ("Absentee") bids left in writing prior to the commencement of the Sale, however, the Company is not responsible for failing to execute such bids, or for any errors or omissions in connection with such bids. If an Item or Lot receives written bids for identical amounts, and they are the highest bids, the Item or Lot will be sold to the buyer whose written bid was received and accepted first. The Company's copy of and records regarding receipt and acceptance of any Absentee bid shall be deemed sole evidence and conclusive. The Company may pass any lot that has bids if the bids have not met the reserve price.
8. Some Lots in the Sale may be subject to a confidential reserve below which the Lot will not be sold. The Auctioneer may open the bidding on any Lot below the reserve by placing a bid on behalf of the consignor and may continue to bid on behalf of the consignor up to the amount of the reserve. This may be done by placing consecutive bids or by placing bids in response to other bidders.
9. If any Lot is offered without reserve, unless there are already competing bids, the Auctioneer, may open the bidding at half the low estimate. If a bid is not offered at that level, the Auctioneer may proceed backwards until a bid is offered, and then continue up from that initial bid at increased increments.
9A. Reserves may be added, removed, or changed to any lot at any time prior to and during an auction.
10. The Company reserves the right to withdraw any Property at any time before the hammer falls at its complete discretion and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
11. The Company reserves the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer will be the buyer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the Auctioneer shall have absolute and final discretion either to determine the successful bidder, or to re-offer and re-sell the Property in dispute. If any dispute arises after a sale, the Company's sale record shall be conclusive and final.
12. The Auctioneer's decision to refuse any bid, advance the bidding in any manner, withdraw a Lot, determine a successful bidder, continue the bidding, to cancel a sale and re-offer and resell an item in dispute, is conclusive, absolute and final.
13. Title of the property immediately passes to the highest acknowledged bidder when the Auctioneer's hammer falls, subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth herein, at which point the bidder assumes full risk and responsibility for the Property. The buyer shall pay the full purchase price within five days, which includes Hammer price, together with the 25% buyers' premium, plus any applicable fees & taxes. Payment shall be made in US dollars by credit cards accepted by the Company, cashier's or certified check, cash or bank wire transfer ($30.00 Fee). Payment will not be considered complete until funds are cleared. Credit Card orders will require a signed authorization to charge said card prior to release of property. No Property will be released to the buyer until payment has been made in full. If payment is made by check the Company reserves the right to hold Property purchased until funds have cleared the bank. Buyer agrees to pay the Company a handling charge of $50 for any check dishonored by the drawee.
14. The Buyer will pay for and remove all purchased Property at their own expense within five (5) days of the date of sale, and if not removed, the Property may be sold by the Company, or removed by the Company to a public warehouse or storage facility, at the sole risk, responsibility and expense of the buyer. The Company will not be responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to any Property remaining on the Company's premises after the sale. Any items purchased & paid for that are not picked up and stored on the Company's premises after 30 days without prior authorization of the Company will be defaulted to the ownership of the Company without recourse of the buyer in any form.
15. Any lot (item) returned as undeliverable or as refused will be held for a period of 30 days only. If the bidder does not contact us to claim such items, the items/lots will become abandoned and will become the property of Orange County Estate Liquidators No refund or payment will be due to the buyer.
16. The buyer fully agrees to have Orange County Estate Liquidators charge their credit card on file with Live Auctioneers, the full amount due and authorizes this charge. The buyer also agrees that no charge-back will be submitted and if claimed, the claim will be considered unwarranted and not upheld.
17. If the buyer fails to pay in full with good cleared funds, or fails to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Sale as set forth herein, the Company reserves the right to exercise one or more of the following remedies, in addition to any other remedies available to the Company by law including but not limited to:
a) Report the default buyer to a National Credit rating agency with a claim which will include all expenses of collection, legal fees, storage fees, interest and any and all additional costs incurred.
b) hold the defaulting buyer liable for the full purchase amount due
c) charge interest at a rate the Company decides upon within reason
d) cancel the sale
e) resell the property without reserve at public auction, or privately under such terms as Company deems appropriate. In addition, the defaulting buyer will be responsible for any costs incurred by the Company including, but not limited to, handling, storage, commissions, insurance, administration, any and all legal fees, incidental damages and all costs relating to this transaction; and
f) Forbid the buyer from participating in any future auction.
g) Charge $25.00 per lot per week to the buyer for storage of their items.
h) Bids are a legal and binding contract. If you fail to make prompt payment and we determine that we will take legal action against you, you agree to provide all court costs, filing fees and our attorney?s fees during all phases of trail. You also agree to pay all travel expenses and lodging for our representatives to any jurisdiction in which we are required to file.
18. The Company can provide a successful bidder with a list of shippers if required. However, the Company will not be responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers engaged by the buyer whether or not such shipper was listed by the Company. Property will not be released to a third party shipper without the buyer's consent, and unless the Company is in receipt of full payment. Any packing and handling by the Company is at the entire risk of the buyer and the Company bears no liability for any loss or damage to such items. Any costs of packing and shipping completed by Orange County Estate Liquidators may be included on the original invoice or charged by separate invoice and no items will be released until said charges have cleared any related banking or monetary processes. The cost of shipment will be Buyer's full responsibility.
19. If a purchased Lot, for any reason, cannot be delivered in the same condition as at the time of sale, or should any purchased Lot be stolen, miss delivered or lost prior to delivery, the Company shall not be liable for any loss. Delivery is completed and is defined as transfer of purchased items to the United States Parcel Service, United Parcel Service, agent of the buyer and/or authorized shipper of the buyer.
20. The conduct of the auction and all transactions associated with it, the Terms and Conditions herein set forth, together with the rights and obligations of the Company, Consignor and Buyer are governed by the laws under the jurisprudence of the State of New York. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found by an New York court to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable that part will be discounted and the rest of the Terms and Conditions will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Payment must be made within 3 days of the auction. We accept certified bank checks, business & personal checks (must clear first) bank wire transfers (required for all international buyers) $25.00 Service charge. Visa, Mastercard accepted upon our discretion. We do not accept credit card payments outside the U.S. Payments outside the United State OR at our discretion, will be required to be paid with certified bank check or bank transfer. Items are not shipped or released until funds have cleared.
Local sales tax (8.15%) applies to all lots purchased unless we are in receipt of a sales tax exemption certificate.
Bids are a legal and binding contract. If you fail to make prompt payment and we determine that we will take legal action against you, you agree to provide all court costs, filing fees and our attorney?s fees during all phases of trail. You also agree to pay all travel expenses and lodging for our representatives to any jurisdiction in which we are required to file.